Yin Yoga, in short:
- Poses are held for 2-5 minutes
- Poses stretch muscles & strengthen joints and fascia
- We work with target areas. It is not about the exact alignment but more about the effect.
- You are unique, so is your yoga.
- Yin is a quiet yoga form. Leaving more room for mindfulness and meditation.
- In Yin the rebound is just as important as the pose (or asana). The rebound takes several forms:
- Physical (heat, cool, pressure, movement)
- Chi = energy (calmness, quiet, peace, relaxation)
- Emotional (tears, sadness, grief, relief)
- Mental (memories, insight, acceptance)
Bernie Clark, Your Body, Your Yoga, ISBN-10: 0968766536
Paul Grilley, Yin Yoga - Principles and Practice, ISBN 978-1- 935952-70- 1